Quarterly Goals - December 2018

Getting down to business. Let's do it.


My Goals Due December 2018

Phone Lock Screen Reminder; Source unknown.

  1. Stream 100 Days
    1. Inspired by the likes Professor Broman and Gary Vee (both available in podcast format on Google Play), any work done ought to be documented. This isn't a new concept for a software developer like myself. However, the purpose is about the process - heck, anything that I do can be a stepping stone or learning experience for others.

      I'll be trying out places like Twitch, Mixer, and Facebook Live, doing things like playing games and learning how to do voice-overs. My gamertag account is RowmanSailor and will be used for all the testing, but I may move to the account GreyLibrary for broadcasting in the long term. (Can always abandon it if I don't feel keen on streaming.)

      But why 100 days? Because, on Twitch, if a person streams for 90 days, they are already in the top 20th or 10th percentile of all streamers ever. (It's a numbers game, folks.)
  2. Voice Work
    1. Strangers I meet will consistently comment on my voice. Can I refine that into something more? Maybe. This quarter is all about learning (I want to be a voice actor) and practice (talking while on stream, reading aloud stories and snippets, putting a demo together).
  3. Creative Writing
    1. Not sure if this will be followed-up on fully. However, it ties in nicely with the goal of voice work. It's always safe to read your own material online :)

      Whatever the case, writing is a creative fallback from both streaming and speaking.
  4. Say No!
    1. I've already messed this up at the time of writing as the quarter has already started a few days ago. Saying "no" is incredibly tough for me and it must not be.
      Let's see if I can do any better going forward, at least protecting a two hour time slot every morning to stream for  the next 100 days!

For any interested, I jammed to some epic Beethoven on YouTube getting these goals down and this post written. Again, this process of goal-setting come from YouTuber Jenna Moreci. If you would like to keep up with this process, check me out on Twitter @JimmyChattin.

The principle of this quarter's goals is to be epic like Lord Vader. Wouldn't you agree this is what we can all strive for?

Original photo; Source unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment